We have been informed by Cardiff City Council “In order to ensure the safety of the public attending events at the Glamorgan Cricket grounds, there will be some upcoming road closures” you should be aware of if you’re planning to attend our event.
Road Closure Details:
- Sophia Close will be closed in its entirety from the junction of Cathedral Road.
- Talbot Street will be closed from its junction with Cathedral Rd to its junction with Ryder. However, access will be maintained for residents only.
- Fields Park Road will experience a closure, but access will again be maintained for residents only.
- Fairleigh Avenue access will be managed to accommodate the road closures.
- There might be a suspension of the southbound bus lane on Cathedral Road. This will be implemented if deemed necessary.
The dates and times for these closures are as follows:
- Friday, 8th September: 10:30 am – 9 pm
Please note, these closures will only be implemented when deemed required for safety reasons, and they will be removed as soon as practicable.
The Cardiff Traffic Management Staff will be on-site managing these road closures to ensure the safety of all attendees.
We urge all parents and players to account for these changes in their travel plans, perhaps leaving earlier or considering alternative routes. Your safety and convenience are of utmost importance to us.
If you have any questions, concerns, or require more information, please do not hesitate to get in touch.