Squash Wales acknowledges the latest Welsh Government guidance issued 22nd December to slow the spread of the Omicron variant and the return to Alert level 2 from 6am on Boxing Day, 26th December 2021.
After seeking clarification, we are pleased to confirm that Squash is allowed to continue in all formats when aligned with the guidance listed below:
- “Flow before you go”. Take a lateral flow test if you don’t have symptoms before going out, especially when meeting others. If it is positive, do not go out and arrange a PCR test within 24 hours.
- Wear a face covering (unless you have a reasonable excuse not to wear a face covering) in all indoor public places, including when not playing.
- Continue to use hand sanitisers, soap dispensers, water and paper towels in venues.
- For all adults no more than 5 other people are allowed to meet in an indoor setting. This includes on a squash court (i.e rule of six).
- Juniors (u18) are not subject to the rule of six
- For indoor events, no more than 30 adults are permitted to gather.
Updated Alert level 2 guidance is being produced and will be available on the Welsh Government website, this may be particularly useful for members who have hospitality or other activities within their facilities.
As this is a fluid and rapidly changing situation Squash Wales invite all Club officials and captains to attend a Club Forum on Wednesday 5th January at 6.30pm
At the Forum the latest information will be available including current League updates and potential scenarios.
In the interim, if you have any urgent queries please email [email protected]
Have a safe festive season
From all at Squash Wales