Juniors National Squad Selection Criteria
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR JUNIOR NATIONAL SQUADS
- Eligible to represent Wales as outlined in the Welsh Nationality protocol.
- Be an Academy member of Squash Wales, for which they are selected.
- Attained the minimum commitment criteria set out by Squash Wales in the information sheet.
- Have signed and returned the Squash Wales Code of Conduct Form.
Individual performances and results during:
- National Squads that the player has been invited to attend.
- Welsh Jnr Open, Welsh Jnr Closed, North Wales Jnr Open.
- Welsh Regional tournaments.
- Regional Academy Day Squads and weekly Academy Training Night.
- English Inter-County Championships (if selected).
- English Gold & Silver Events
- British Closed and Open and European Tournaments.
- Referral from Squash Wales Performance Team.
- Benchmark scores from the Player Performance Profile Chart.
Selectors for National Squads
- Squash Wales Performance Director.
- Squash Wales National Junior Coach.
The selectors will meet prior to the first National Squad date to select players. Performances will be reviewed regularly to ensure that the inclusion and exclusion flexibility of the Squad structure is complied with.
The Selectors will place emphasis on individual performance, behavior, commitment and attitude at every stage of the Junior Development Pathway as defined in the Squash Wales Code of Conduct and Commitment for Home & Away Events.
Appeal Panel Members
- Richard Smith Board member – Lead on Performance
- Two Independent Board members of Squash Wales
An appeal must:
- Be addressed to and received by Richard Smith Board Director for Performance of Squash Wales [email protected] in writing or email 14 days prior to the squad/event
- Contain the facts plus supporting evidence
The Panel will meet as soon as conveniently possible after receipt of an appeal. The decision of the Panel will be final and binding on the appellant and will be communicated in writing within 10 days.