18 Feb - 19 Feb 2023
Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
A three-day contact time qualification during which candidates will learn the skills required to deliver the technical and tactical requirements of squash to juniors and adults at beginner and intermediate level, through the delivery of individual and group lessons.
Candidates will learn how to analyse player’s needs, plans for a series of lessons and to operate as a Club Coach
Who it’s for: Level 1 coaches wishing to take their tactical and technical coaching to the next level.
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
There are approximately six weeks in between days two and three of the qualification – during which you will be required to conduct player analysis, plan, deliver and evaluate six lessons (two individual and four group lessons). You will also need to complete several coaching scenario-based questions.
Your course tutor will provide ongoing support throughout the duration of the Award.
At the end of the course, you need be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Plan and deliver a programme of progressive individual and group training sessions in accordance with Squash Wales coaching philosophy.
- Implement ‘how to coach’ skills to create an inclusive, player centred and positive learning environment.
- Deliver the player pathway from entry to club level, ensuring players maximise their desired potential.
- Possess an open mind set, taking responsibility for own personal development.
- To develop effective squash communities.
- You must be at least 16 years of age.
- Be technically competent (being able to demonstrate all shots) and have a reasonable knowledge and understanding of the game.
- Have completed an appropriate Squash Wales Level 1 Coaching Qualification or equivalent
- Attend a three-hour certificated First Aid Course.
- Be a current Squash Wales coach member.
- Have an up-to-date Squash Wales Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) enhanced check (free).
- Have an up-to-date safeguarding certificate.
COST & FUNDING SUPPORT
- The course costs £250.
- You will need to have an up-to-date Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced Disclosure free through Squash Wales and valid for 3 years.
- You must attend a safeguarding course – either face to face or online through Squash Wales and valid for 3 years.
- You will also need to hold an up to date First Aid qualification.